My research interests are about ecoinformatics, intelligent information systems, decision support systems, knowledge engineering, metadata and ontologies and machine learning.
Since 2010, I serve as an Editor of Environmental Modelling and Software, an academic journal published by Elsevier.
I also contribute to the International Spring University on Ecosystem Services Modelling, a two-week intensive course organized by the Basque Center for Climate Change, in Bilbao, Spain. The next edition of the school will be held on May 2-13, 2016. Applications still open until Feb 5th, 2016!
Note the open call for papers for iEMSs 2016, which will take place in Toulouse, France in July this year. I contribute to the organization of Session B2 Advances in agricultural modelling, together with Sander Janssen (ALTERRA), Dean Holzworth (CSIRO), Val Snow (AgResearch). Also, I co-organize several workshops:
- A2 Integrated Socio-Ecological Modelling for Ecosystem Services And Beyond, with Stefano Balbi and Ferdinando Villa
- A6 Integrated Assessments and Sustainability Indicators for Africa, with Ann Van Grienvsen (Vrije Universiteit Brussel/UNESCO-IHE)
- B1 Extreme Climatic Events in Agriculture: Models, Impacts, Frameworks and Improvements, with Marcello Donatelli (CREA), Gianni Bellocchi (INRA), and the MODEXTREME Consortium
- B4 Convergence or Divergence in Crop Models from a Framework Point of View, with Sander Janssen (ALTERRA) and Dean Holzworth (CSIRO).
- C1 Data Mining as a Tool for Environmental Scientists with Karina Gibert
- C3 From Environmental Information Systems to Big Data, with Argyris Samourkasidis (DUTh)
- C4 New Technologies to Aid the Parsing, Management, and Use of Sensed or Observed Data to Inform Environmental Modelling and Decision-Making with Suzanne A. Pierce (Texas Advanced Computing Center)